Master the art of containerizing your applications using Docker, enhancing the software development process.
Docker is a tool that is designed to benefit both developers and system administrators. For developers, it means they can develop applications without worrying about the system it will be running on. For system administrators, it gives them flexibility and reduces the number of systems required.
This video will teach you to leverage advanced-level Docker. It starts by introducing how Docker works the way it does, first scripting a layer in a Docker workflow—Dockerfile. Next, you will explore compose by writing a docker-compose.yml file for a social network app, and look at top-down approaches to building network topologies for our social network’s containers.
Then you will be familiarized with the swarm workflow, Kubernetes, and Google’s tool for setting up a managed cluster. You will learn how to set up Docker’s plugin infrastructure and use the customization options. By the end of this course, you will be able to successfully manage your Docker containers, with the help of minecraft server.
- Containerize a web-based application with a base container and automate it using Dockerfile
- Orchestrate, deploy, and scale a complex application using Docker Compose and Docker Machine
- Get to know the software defined networking architecture used in Docker, which includes single-host and multi-host networking
- Architect, create, and manage clusters of Docker hosts and deploy applications on them
- Deploy Diaspora onto a cluster in AWS
- Use managed clusters such as Kubernetes and Mesos/Marathon
- Harden your infrastructure against predators by following security best-practices
- Customize Docker to your needs using logging, volume, and networking plugins
- Get more out of Docker using Ecosystem Tools and Services
It is also for those who haven’t tried Docker yet but have extensive experience with Unix and Git.
Who is this course intended for?
This book is for developers, DevOps, and SysAdmins who have a fair idea of what Docker is all about but haven’t used it in practice yet.
|Recollecting Docker Basics|
|The Course Overview||00:00:00|
|Recollecting Docker Concepts||00:00:00|
|Docker CLI Commands||00:00:00|
|Deploying Composed Services||00:00:00|
|Single Host Scaling||00:00:00|
|Designing Infrastructure of the Social Network||00:00:00|
|Creating a Container Swarm|
|Swarm on AWS||00:00:00|
|Container Management at Scale|
|Introduction to Managed Cluster||00:00:00|
|Marathon / Mesos||00:00:00|
|Docker Bench for Security||00:00:00|
|Notary and Content Security||00:00:00|
|Docker Plugins and Drivers|
|Best Practices and Ecosystem Tools|
|Keeping the Garden Pruned||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.